A six week drawing course for teachers/tutors of K-12 school children that gives you an opportunity to practice the art projects at home first so you can learn how to teach it to your class; This course also introduces the student to a different American artist each week:
John James Audubon, Peter Max, Winslow Homer, Jasper Johns, Georgia O'Keeffe, and Thomas Hart Benton.
teaches a different drawing skill with a symbol of America:
OiLS, Symmetry (Mirror Image), Upside Down Drawing, Abstract (Op) Art, and One Point Perspective.
Each week you will be able to:
- practice a different drawing technique each week such as: OiLS, Abstract Art, One-Point Perspective, Upside Down drawings, & Symmetry/Mirror Images
- create a masterpiece in the style of the artists (6 total)
There is also a 12 page downloadable art PDF that is included with this course that can be distributed in the classroom.
There are 9 video demonstrations that correspond to this course
- 6 step-by-step videos showing the student how to draw each masterpiece
- 1 practice video for Op Art
- 1 "gathering supplies" video
- 1 encouragement video called "Beautiful Oops!"
Here are samples of the paintings the children will create:
1. How long do I have to use this course?
150 days from the time the course is purchased.
2. What age group is this course geared towards?
This course is geared towards children in elementary to high school. The teacher/tutor should use this course to practice the artwork at home first, then incorporate those newly acquired skills in the classroom. The videos are not intended to be used in a classroom setting.
3. How many videos are included with this course?
There are 9 step-by-step videos demonstrating how to do each art project (6 drawing videos, 1 gathering supplies video, 1 practice video for Op Art & 1 encouragement video)
4. Why the name "Yellow Spot: Sun"?
Pablo Picasso, famous artist and Cubist, once said, "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others, with the help of their art and intelligence, that transform a yellow spot into the sun."
What a wonderful way to view art! If we take the time to view art in this manner, there is no telling what each of these budding artists can create over their lifetime!
5. If I purchased this course, can I share this course with others?
This course is for use within your Co-Op/Classroom. If a director/principal purchases this course for the tutors/teachers, each tutor/teacher must use the director/principals sign in to utilize this specific course only. It is intended to be used as a teaching tool for the teacher/tutor at home to practice the projects before teaching them to the class.
This is not allowed to be used by every family in the community/school. Only the teachers/tutors for said community/school are allowed access to these training videos. Misuse of this license will terminate the enrollment immediately. If a family is interested in the course, that family must purchase Drawing Americana to use at home.
All sales are final.
YOU MAY NOT: